Monday, May 5, 2014

The Psalm 130 Prayer




Dear Lord … I am in the bleakest of moments and my very soul is in anguish.  I am crying out to you, Almighty God. Oh Lord, you are my Lord.  From the deepness of my heart, I cry out for you.  Listen again to your aching child and cover me with your mercy.

If you would ever remember my sins, I would be hopeless to even stand in this place, to ever come before You. Yet, I know of your infinite love and forgiveness and I honor You above all else, for You alone are God.

I wait for you, oh Lord. I sense You, as I wait for You.  I know of You, for I know You.  All my hopes rest upon Your promises.  I wait in Your care.  I eagerly wait as I yearn for You. I know You will come to me.  Yes, I eagerly wait. I wait knowing you always come to as surely as the sun will come to the morning.

All who know of You, O Lord; hope in You.  We know of your love, O Lord. It is steadfast upon us and we cannot lose your attention. We trust in You. With you, O Lord there is endless grace to redeem us and You alone, redeem the world from all sin.  Thank you, O Lord, Thank you.  Amen

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord!
     O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
    to the voice of my pleas for mercy!

If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities,
    O Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
    that you may be feared.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
    and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord
    more than watchmen for the morning,
    more than watchmen for the morning.

O Israel, hope in the Lord!
    For with the Lord there is steadfast love,
    and with him is plentiful redemption.
And he will redeem Israel
    from all his iniquities.
Psalm 130 English Standard Version

A previously published devotion.  This devotion is used again because we can all find ourselves in places of deep need of the grace of our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment