Thursday, March 19, 2015

He comes in the crushing, crashing, and the covering!




“For the waves of death encompassed me, torrents of destruction assailed me, the cords of Sheol entangled me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called upon the LORD; to my God 

I called. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry came to his ears” (2 Samuel 22:5-7, ESV).
The walls of the adversarial distresses around me push and pressure my heart and soul. Who and what are these tormenters? Why do they have so much strength and where can I find relief from this excruciating agony and pain? I am being crushed by all that is around me. Their words taunt me as they assault me and I am close to surrendering to their brutal and continuous onslaught.

The sheer power of the emotion in my heart comes and goes like waves beating upon the rocks. There are moments when I gather some strength by resolution and determination in my mind only to have that slight edge taken away by the crashing power of the raging emotion. I am drenched in my best efforts as I try to maneuver my way along this treacherous rocky shoreline I find myself negotiating.

I am having such a hard time seeing anything around me in the invading darkness that covers my sight and my way. I am floundering here in the turning and looking and I cannot see any path upon which to venture that will lead my out of this place of uncertainty and despairing night time.

I am alone and I am used up. I call to my God. I wait and tears leak from my eyes.  At last, I feel my God come and by His everlasting strength ... a relief comes by His sheer might to push back against the crushing pressures around me. The Almighty God hears and He comes … lifting me up from my frail unsteadiness and the insecurity of this treacherous unpredictable place; to a refuge of encouragement and assurances by His loving presence. Finally My Savior comes with the penetrating light of His concerning love to show me ... my first feeble steps away from this dark place and the pathway of His grace that will guide me forward in the days ahead. Thanks, be to God for He has come in the crushing, crashing and the covering. My heart begins to fill with thanksgiving for my God, for He is now again and again … my rock, my deliverer and my light.

“The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer, my God, … my stronghold, and my savior … He drew me out of many waters … and my God lightens my darkness … This God – his way is perfect; the word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for those who take refuge in him” (Selections from 2 Samuel 22, ESV).


Suggested Bible Support and Strength … 2 Samuel 22

No comments:

Post a Comment