Sunday, June 9, 2013

Easy to be fooled ...



“For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust” (Psalm 103:14).
  As human beings we can be fooled in many ways. During this last week … I was fooled into thinking that I could do more than I could physically could do.  I was humbled by my own humanness.  I simply ran out of power on Friday … we had VBS at the church, I had a volunteer crew of around 15 helping us out at our retreat center on Thursday and it is a wet spring with one day out of nine that you can mow.  A couple of times during the week … I just appealed to God for His strength to get through all the situations around me.  On Thursday night, my reserve physical power was gone and I couldn’t wake up.  My alarm goes off at 5:00 but I thought I would wake up a little later on Friday morning, so I shut it off when I went to bed after being up reading my Bible readings in the middle of the night.  Well I woke up a little later … at the shocking time of 8:30 am.   I did not have time to write my devotion because everything was pushed back and into the tight and inflexible set of needs, responsibilities and projects.   

    Even when we are busy doing good things … the good things or even the good we do can wear us out.  We are not just tempted to fall into sin by the traps and lures of Satan’s wily schemes but we also fall into a falseness regarding the extent of our own abilities, thinking we are unlimited in our capacities as a human being. We need a certain amount of rest to live and function and we need Sabbath time. We need to remember our frame as a human being is a bit fragile.  God knows our frame and everything about us and that is why He saves us by grace, teaches us through grace and carries us by grace.  Sometimes I need His grace to just stop me for a time and remind me of who I am and why I need Him every hour.

 “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need”  (Hebrews 4:15-16).

Daily Reading … Psalm 103 & Hebrews 4

No comments:

Post a Comment