Friday, August 2, 2013

The 130 Prayer


Dear Lord … I am in the bleakest of moments and my very soul is in anguish.  I am crying out to you, Almighty God. Oh Lord, you are my Lord.  From the deepness of my heart, I cry out for you.  Listen again to your aching child and cover me with your mercy.

If you would ever remember my sins, I would be hopeless to even stand in this place, to ever come before You. Yet I know of your immeasurable forgiveness and I honor You above all else, for You alone are God.

I wait for you, oh Lord. I sense You, as I wait for You.  I know of You, for I know You.  I rest all my hopes in Your promises.  I wait in Your care.  I eagerly wait as I yearn for You. Yes, I eagerly wait … because I know you will come to me as surely as the sun comes to the morning.

All who know of the Lord, can hope in Him.  We know of your love, Oh Lord. It is steadfast upon us and we cannot lose your attention.  With you, Oh Lord there is endless grace to redeem us and You alone redeem the world from all their sin.  Thank you, Oh Lord, Thank you.  Amen
 


Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord!
     O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
    to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
 If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities,
    O Lord, who could stand?
 But with you there is forgiveness,
    that you may be feared.
 I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
    and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord
    more than watchmen for the morning,
    more than watchmen for the morning.
O Israel, hope in the Lord!
    For with the Lord there is steadfast love,
    and with him is plentiful redemption.
 And he will redeem Israel
    from all his iniquities.
Psalm 130

No comments:

Post a Comment