Friday, April 26, 2013

Psalm 131



My heart is not proud, Lord,  my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters  or things too wonderful for me.

But I have calmed and quieted myself,  I am like a weaned child with its mother;
    like a weaned child I am content.

Israel, put your hope in the Lord  both now and forevermore”  ( Psalm 131).

A prayer from Psalm 131

Oh my glorious Father in heaven …

Humble me that I might not lift up my heart too high, for you see me as I am. Help me to not look down on others for I am just as they are. Thank you for your redeeming love.

Help me not to give too much attention to things that are beyond me and do not let me consumed with intentions too time consuming that will take me away from You.

Bring me to a place of peace that is calmed and quieted by your presence as a mother holds her child.  Oh Father, take me to that soul connected place, next to you.

Oh Father, my trust is in You.  You are my hope every day and for forever.  I wait in  blessed and secure hope.  Thank you Father,  thank you.  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment